Connecting Yealink phones to WiFi
Connect to WiFi
To start using the Yealink WF40 and WF50 WiFi dongle, follow the steps below to proceed:
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable to enable WiFi connectivity.
- Insert the WF40 USB dongle into WiFi USB dongle.
- You will be prompted to scan and connect to available WiFi networks. Alternatively, you can do this manually by going to Menu > Settings > Basic Settings > WiFi.
- Select Available Networks, and press OK.
- Select the desired WiFi network and press Connect.
- Enter the password, and press OK.
Allow a few seconds for the phone to connect to your Wi-Fi connection.
Yealink USB Dongle WF40
The Yealink WF40 is a USB dongle that allows compatible Yealink phones a quick and easy way to connect to a wireless network.
Yealink WF50 is compliant with IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standard, maximizing reliability and throughput.
- Yealink WF40 is not sold by RingCentral. There is no guarantee that the phone models listed in this article will work with the WiFi dongle as outlined due to possible differences in the firmware configuration.
Below are the compatible phone models for the Yealink WF40 WiFi USB dongle:
- T42S and T46S could support WF40 with a frequency range of 2.4GHz.
- T42S, T46S, and T48S could support the WF50 (2.4GHz or 5GHz) and WF40 dongle (2.4GHz).
- T53W, T54W, T57W, T58W, and VP59 could support built-in WiFi, and do not need a WiFi dongle.
- T4xU could support the WF50 (2.4GHz or 5GHz) and WF40 dongle (2.4GHz).
Required firmware: 18.104.22.168